06 Sep Where Gen Z hangs out + Banking on blind loyalty + America’s most expensive property listing and more!
This week’s guest on Property News Update is Margaret Lomas, author of 20 Must Ask Questions for Every Property Investor and 7 other best-selling property books. She joins Kevin Turner to discuss interesting stories from the property industry like:
- Don’t bank on blind loyalty. The Consumer Data Right bill is the most significant shake-up in Australian finance since the introduction of the ATM. From February 2020, customers will be able to switch accounts with ease.
- Build to rent – is that the solution? The Great Australian Dream has become a thing of the past for many people as they struggle to buy into the property market. The build to rent format aims to provide a solution without the price tag ownership requires.
- Where Gen Z hangs out. Nestpick reveals the best cities in the world for Generation Z in 2019. Despite the Brexit, London remains number one thanks to its ability to meet educational needs and strong business opportunities. Melbourne ranks 23 out of 110 worldwide.
- America’s most expensive property listing. The Chartwell Estate is America’s most expensive property available for sale at $195M. For the first time, TV cameras have been allowed inside.
- Fancy living in Canada? Fancy an English country mansion without all the messy Brexit uncertainty? Oakville, one of Canada’s prettiest towns, offers an impressive alternative.