04 Oct Were the ‘good old days’ that good + The bubble is back + what can you do with $3M in three years and more!
Posted at 12:20h in Kevin Turner, Kevin's Update, Latest Stories, Property News Update, Sponsored Channels, Videos 0 Comments
Veteran auctioneer James Bell and our very own Kevin Turner discuss the week’s interesting property stories! Tune in as they discuss:
- Property takes a ‘V’ shape. Figures from CoreLogic show a “much faster” rebound than anticipated in property price growth. Experts say this could magnify mounting housing affordability research.
- Were the ‘good old days’ that good? The idea that our parents had it much harder than we do (thanks to technology advances) is a recurring joke across all generations… but what if the reverse is true?
- The bubble is back – really! Fears about another property bubble are rising as prices threaten to go out of control. The RBA’s decision to cut rates again will spur on buyer demand as they experience a ‘fear of missing out’.
- $3M reno over 3 years. A million bucks a year for three years… on a renovation? You could buy six houses in Brisbane for that money, but the owners believe that the end result on their hillside mansion was worth every cent.
- Boost for first time buyers. The Australian government has pledged a new first-home buyers’ scheme that allows a minimum 5 per cent deposit. Is it wise to encourage home buyers with limited savings to enter the property market when interest rates are low?