08 Nov Big Brother is watching + Happy wife – happy life + Get well in Australia – Bruce Cotterill
Five time CEO, author and highly regarded advisor Bruce Cotterill joins Kevin Turner in this week’s episode of Property News Update!
Tune in as they discuss the following property stories from around the world:
- Big Brother is watching. As part of a previously-announced crackdown into income allegedly unreported or incorrectly reported, the ATO is demanding data from around 190,000 hosts listing properties through online short-term accommodation platforms – including Airbnb.
- NZ investors help first time buyers. Property investors are often thought of as enemies to first-time home buyers – snapping up properties with offers first-time home buyers can’t match. But a new platform is opening doors that are expected to pay off really well for both sides.
- WA off the plan boost. A substantial stamp duty rebate for off the plan apartment purchases has been introduced by WA’s state government! This removes the disadvantage OTP apartment buyers had compared to those in the market for house and land packages.
- Happy wife – happy life! Before you buy a 1000sqm mansion, try checking with your spouse first. Learn from the story of a Chicago-based American who purchased a stunning ocean-front estate in the remote Kenepuru Sound – all without telling his wife.
- Get well in Australia. Australia has been earmarked as the third biggest global market for “wellness real estate” by the Global Wellness Institute – just behind the US and China.
Bruce is the former CEO of Colliers International in Australia. As CEO, Bruce has led turnarounds at real estate group Colliers, Kerry Packer’s ACP Magazines, and iconic New Zealand sportswear company Canterbury International.
His book “The Best Leaders Don’t Shout” can be purchased online through www.brucecotterill.com or through Amazon.com.