11 Oct AI valuations + Million dollar mobile homes + the ultimate property status symbol and more!
REINSW President and Laing + Simmons Managing Director Leanne Pilkington joins Kevin Turner in this week’s episode of Property News Update! Tune in as they discuss the following property stories from around the world:
- Expensive properties drive the market – Since the performance of the housing market can vary dramatically from region to region, Tim Lawless shares an easier way to understand and separate firing sectors from lagging ones.
- Airbnb gets a tick from tourist industry – One would think that short-term letting platforms like Airbnb are threats to the hotel industry, but in an ironic twist, they are actually supporting a hotel growth spurt! How did this come about?
- The ultimate property status symbol – Very few things can make a statement bigger than saying “I own an island”. If you’re looking for an island to call your own, Australia has plenty of sublime, Carribean-like islands for sale.
- AI valuations – Assessing the price of land and property values is often a time-consuming, labor-intensive, and costly process. A breakthrough collaboration between the University of New South Wales (UNSW) and a range of government and industry partners in Australia is seeking to change that.
- Million dollar mobile home – Want multi-million-dollar views with the luxury of freedom? Paradise Cove in the US offers views on par with nearby Malibu mansions, serving as a fun getaway for wealthy beach lovers.